Got back to Denver at 1:30 am
2905 total miles; 1005 yesterday.
I slept Monday night at a rest stop in western Louisiana. The drive was uneventful, except for processing why I left so quickly. The dynamics aren't clear yet, but I'm okay. Feeling disconnected from Denver right now, that's due to the fact that I mentally checked out when I left. What's next? No clue. May work to make money to travel by bus in January and February. Maybe see what Turtle is up to, then go to Michigan. I have a clean slate right now; dreading the impending complacency! Either way, one of the most intense weeks/10 days of my life has come to a close. New chapter begins now, eh?
**More to this coming**
October was far from over. Within 2-weeks I was on a bus and BACK in McComb, MS to again meet up with Carrie and take an eventful ride north for an eventful visit to Michigan. That trip to Michigan would be the thing that would stabilize things for Shalain & I in Denver, although of course I had no way of knowing that at the time. -td 1/25/10
(γνῶθι σεαυτόν) Ongoing travel tales include hitching a ride across the Rockies with a cop-killer, a weekend with a terminally-ill billionaire, meeting my siblings for the first time, two-months in Mexico, and scores of random people from Massachusetts to Slab City to Chiapas who are often even more interesting! If you're driven by a particular agenda, for your own protection please see the disclaimer below.
"The trouble with self-delusion, either in a person or a society, is that reality doesn't care what anybody believes, or what story they put out. Reality doesn't "spin." Reality does not have a self-image problem. Reality does not yield its workings to self-esteem management." -J.H. Kunstler
"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; ... rain without thunder and lightning; ... the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand; it never has and it never will." -Frederick Douglass
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows", "He not busy being born is busy dyin'", "Don't follow leaders-- watch the parking meters." -Dylan
"Hope Floats, but so does bullshit. The trick is to know the difference." -unknown
DISCLAIMER
This is a sometimes raw, always brutally honest, and personal perspective account of my travels & the people I've met; NOT another cliche' travel journal. While pondering the word "perspective," please also remember: I am neither a travel writer nor engaging in public relations. Those seeking tourist reviews, happy talk, or support for any dime-store religion or ideology should leave... right now. This will be a HUGE disappointment, and offending you is quite literally the least of my concern. Comments are encouraged, but are necessarily moderated for the time being. As the movie said: "While agreement is not required, thinking for one's self is." Please check the agenda at the door... and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment